Dish: Poached spiced cherries
Chef: Josh Lansley (Sous Chef, Il Lido Restaurant, Darwin)
- 6 star anise
- 750ml red wine
- 750ml water
- 300g sugar
- 3 orange zest
- 1 lemon zest
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1500g de-stoned cherries
- Add all ingredients except the cherries to a thick based pan.
- Bring to the boil and boil for about 3 – 4 mins.
- Add the cherries to the boiling stock and remove from the heat immediately.
- Cling film the pan ASAP ensuring minimal heat escapes.
- Leave to cool, and serve.
The cherries are a great accompaniment to your Christmas pudding, a simple Panna cotta or even a roasted duck or your Christmas goose.
Meet The Chef