This week’s Q&A bulletin is different, because this week we don’t have the answers!
At Simon George & Sons we like our inspirational quotes and as we enter our second year at St Peters, we’ve taken to heart JFK’s principle that “efforts and courage are not enough without direction and purpose”. So with these wise words in mind, we’re asking for your feedback and ideas on how we can deliver more of what you want and need in 2012. To have your say and answer 10 quick feedback questions, please click here.
For our final bulletin of 2011, we thought we would share with you our vision and purpose for the coming year. While most resolutions will be abandoned before the sun rises on New Year’s day, this is one that you can count on in 20-12.
AVOID THE TRAFFIC, TAKE THE EXTRA MILE
OPEN COMMUNICATION & KNOWLEDGE:
At SG&S, we believe that knowledge is power and in 2011 we launched a number of communication initiatives that placed our clients at the forefront of produce trends. In 2012, we will refine these initiatives and ensure they not only continue to inspire you with the season’s best but get you the best bang for your buck.
- WEEKLY Q&A PRODUCE BULLETIN (Q&A): Each week we send out a bulletin on the latest products or services to watch out for. In 2012, these will feature exclusive and relevant content from suppliers, chefs and critics
- MARKET MUSE (SG&S Blog): The SG&S blog currently hosts our weekly produce bulletins, market updates, company profile, team bios and seasonal calendar. In 2012, we will be updating the format and including an industry page which will profile various chefs, their food philosophies and their latest creations using seasonal produce
- @SGSSyd Twitter Feed: The SG&S twitter feed launched mid last year as a means for SG&S to become part of the worldwide foodie conversation. In the New Year we will be continuing to expand our twitter network, answer produce related questions and keep our followers up to date on the latest news from growers, chef’s and the markets
- SYDNEY MARKET TOURS: SG&S will continue to offer guided tours of the Sydney Produce & Growers markets. Hosted by Simon George & Sons’ Director, Damian George, these tours offer us the opportunity to learn about your preferences and share tricks of the trade learnt over 35 years in the industry.
In 2011 SG&S supported a number of industry events. In 2012, we are looking to go that step further and actively involve ourselves in broader industry initiatives that help develop and grow the Sydney foodie culture.
LISTEN AND LEARN:
To stay relevant in an ever evolving industry Simon George & Sons is continually adapting our business and improving our service. In 2012, we will continue to implement innovations that offer our clients greater reliability, convenience and cost-efficiency.
- Online Ordering: This year SG&S invested in an online ordering facility that is efficient, user friendly and ultimately cost-effective for our clients. Orders are submitted via a secure page on our website where clients can access past order history, new orders and pricing at their convenience
- SG&S FLEET: SG&S recently upgraded our fleet of refrigerated trucks and vans. Custom built, the vehicles cutting-edge design enables us to deliver fresh produce safely and reliably every time. A state of the art tracking system also allows us to provide instant feedback on the location of deliveries, monitor potential delays and streamline delivery routes to better serve our clients
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We appreciate your support and look forward to working with you in 2012. Keep an eye out for the first bulletin of the New Year on January 26th. Until then we wish you all the best from the team at Simon George & Sons
To enquire or place an order please call (02) 9519 1411 or email us at email@example.com
For our Xmas trading hours please click here